During this journey we will enjoy lots of adventure and adrenaline; great landscapes of the mountain range of Vilcanota and tropical forests. The tour is a mix of descending in bicycle from el Abra de Málaga to the village of Pispitayoc with a trek by the route that will takes us to the town of Machu Picchu, to arrive afterwards to the wonderful Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
Summary travel plan
- Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo - Malaga Pass - Pispitayoc (Biking + Rafting)
- Day 2: Hiking to Santa Teresa
- Day 3: Santa Teresa - Hidroeléctrica - Machu Picchu town (Trekking + Zip Line)
- Day 4: Guided visit of Machu Picchu – Return to Cusco
Itinerary Inca Jungle biking to Machu Picchu
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo - Malaga Pass - Pispitayoc (Biking + Rafting)
We’ll pick you in your hotel in Cusco between 05:30am and 06:00am, we’ll depart towards the Sacred Valley where you can admire in all it’s glory the beautiful landscape of the valley of Urubamba river, getting to Ollantaytambo for a short break and buy whatever you need for the trip.
We’ll keep in our transportation until Málaga Pass, place where our tour in bicycle begins from where we’ll descend for an approximate of 03 hours through small villages, creeks and waterfalls until we reach the town of Huamanmarca where we’ll enjoy a delicious lunch.
After lunch and a break, we’ll initiate our adventure doing rafting for two hours in the white waters level III and IV (optional activities) and hike to the town of Santa María, then Santa Rosa.
Optional activity: Rafting in Santa Maria (Surcharge)
Day 2: Hiking to Santa Teresa
After a replenishing breakfast, we start the walk along the Vilcanota river, climbing for approximately 30 minutes, on the way we can observe coffee plantations, fruit trees. We will notice the great variety of wild plants and orchids. We will also see varieties of birds, and other animals if given the chance ..
After reaching the top from where we can appreciate the entire valley of the Urubamba, we will begin the descent trek for approximately two and a half hours, we will reach the village of Qellomayo, where we will enjoy a delicious lunch. Then we will walk for another 3 hrs, observing fields of cultivation, streams and waterfalls until arriving at the hot springs of Santa Teresa. We'll continue until you reach the town of Santa Teresa
*Night in Santa Teresa in basic hostel.
Day 3: Santa Teresa - Hidroeléctrica - Machu Picchu town (Trekking + Zip Line)
After a delicious breakfast, we’ll begin the day’s hike. Along the way, you’ll be able to observe an oroya, a large basket and cable system for crossing the Vilcanota River. This river was sacred to the Incas. We’ll also find a great variety of butterflies, parrots, small iguanas, birds and insects. Once we arrive at the hydroelectric station, at around 1pm, we’ll have our lunch. Afterwards, we’ll continue with our hike for approximately 3 hours more until we reach the town of Aguas Calientes. There, we’ll have dinner and you’ll have the option of visiting the Aguas Calientes hot springs. We’ll spend the night in a local hostel.
Optional Activity: Zip Line in Santa Teresa (Surcharge)
Day 4: Guided visit of Machu Picchu – Return to Cusco
This will be an early day. We’ll begin our hike to Machu Picchu Citadel at 5:10 am. It will take us about an hour and twenty minutes to reach the ruins, stopping for a snack en route. If you prefer to forgo the hike, you can also reach the ruins by bus, although you will arrive a little later. Upon arrival at Machu Picchu, the guide will take you through the site to share the history and meaning of its different parts. The guided portion of the visit will last about 2 hours, so you’ll also have plenty of time to explore the site independently and take photos.
At around midday, we’ll take the bus back to Aguas Calientes. You’ll have time to have lunch in town (this is not included in the package) before we need to board the return train to Ollantaytambo. There, our tourist-class van will be waiting to take us to Cusco.
This tour includes
- Hotel Pickup & Tourist-Class Transport to Malaga Pass
- Professional Bilingual Guide
- Spare Parts Kit
- Mountain biking Equipment: Helmet, Gloves
- Mountain bike
- Meals: 03 breakfasts / 03 lunches / 03 dinners
- 02 Nights’ Lodging in Family Hostel
- 01 Night’s Lodging: Hostel in Aguas Calientes
- Admission: Machu Picchu Archeological Site
- Roundtrip Bus Ticket: Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu
- Train Ticket: Aguas Calientes - Olltantaytambo
- Tourist-class Van: Ollantaytambo - Cusco
This tour does NOT include
- Roundtrip Bus: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu Citadel
- Breakfast in in Cusco on Day 01
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes on Day 04
- Admission: Aguas Calientes Hotsprings (optional)
- Admission: Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (optional excursion, *limited spaces, which must be reserved at the time Machu Picchu Archeological Site entrance tickets are bought)
- Admission: Aguas Calientes Hot springs
- Train: Hydroelectric Station - Aguas Calientes
Important tour information " Inca Jungle biking to Machu Picchu"
What to bring for this tour?
- Original Passport
- Medium Backpack
- Hiking Shoes
- Jacket for the cold
- Rain Poncho
- Bottle of Water for Day 01
- Insect Repellent
- Sleeping Bag
- 4-Days’ Worth of Underwear
- Hat for the sun
- Extra Money
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Basic accommodation
- Trekking + touristic transport
- 03 breakfasts
- 03 lunches
- 03 dinners